Monday, March 11, 2013

A Spiritual Connection

First of all, welcome to my blog. The pleasure is mine.

A few months ago, I was happily introduced to couchsurfing, a social networking site that helps travelers find hosts in areas of their destinations.  At first, I thought it as simply a way to meet new people and find cheap or free hospitality along my travels. However, after meeting my first two fellow surfers, I have learned that couchsurfing is about much more than a basic relationship.

I am currently studying abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark from the United States of America.  Let me start by saying that it is like living in two totally different, obscure worlds. Anyways, for a project of mine, I was to find a random subject and proceed to take photos of them for an eventual photo journalism display.  As a rather shy guy, I was having trouble finding a good solid subject who would be fit to take on the task of helping me out.  I put up a little message on the couchsurfing bulletin board searching for possible options, to which I had a lovely response from a man named Jose, born in Colombia and raised in the UK as a child.  Jose enjoys traveling, hosting surfers, and enjoying life for what it is. Since meeting Jose my life has taken on a whole new chapter as I search for my purpose here in the world.

Jose is a personal healer/coach and takes great pride in his work.  In short, he works with individual's energy to help them become more confident.  This is accomplished through various methods and forms of meditation or one step deeper known as tantra.  Tantra is a very interesting healing session which involves complete isolation and focus on the inner energies one posseses.  Jose has been inspired by various spiritual tribes and other rituals and thus hopes to carry forward as a messenger.  His spirit guides you as you explore your true inner-self and build strength along the way.  This method of spiritual healing is much more in depth and personal than I have just described it, if more interest is sparked check it out, you won't be dissapointed.

I have developed a strong relationship with Jose as I have participated in his healing sessions, and he has agreed to act as the subject for my project.  His ideals closely follow hedonism, or the freedom of thought to attain total happiness and I have enjoyed this tremendously through my times with him.  Jose is more than happy to share times spent with other surfers he has met, as well as introduce me to them for a future contact. Ludovico, my second surfer was another intriguing guy, an Italian, who has traveled the world on ships as a chef cooking onboard.  He has taken me into his connected network with great honor, and it has connected that inner energy which will help shape me as a human.

Share with me experiences, history, what you learned today etc.. Positive Insight and Knowledge Please :) As I am new to this and do not know how to create an open blog, feel free to leave comments. If you wish to post to my blog, just email me it to (vjr7@pitt.edu) anything goes here! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment